Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Day 2 of Keto

Another successful day! And down 1/2 pound this morning - I'll take it! No positive readings on my Ketone Strips yet though...maybe that takes a couple days. 

I was happy to find that I really wasn't hungry and craving snacks between meals at work today. Having all the extra fat at breakfast really makes a difference in keeping me satiated. I had been eating a pretty low fat breakfast with some grapefruit, and was hungry again an hour later, so I'd have an apple to tide me over until lunch. No desire for all the fruit today! 

I checked out the nutrition facts at Chipotle.com today to see how many net carbs were in my favorite bowl - only 10! Even scored free double meat today - cha ching! So glad I was able to keep the onions & peppers and salsas on top - I was afraid they would be too many carbs. I haven't been getting rice or beans (or that delicious bag of lime-salted chips) for so long that I don't miss them anymore anyway. And I don't think the salads need the dressing with all the yummy salsa (and I actually prefer my homemade version of the salsa anyway). 

I wasn't even hungry for a spoonful of SunButter before I left work, however, I was a little hungry before I took my daughter to her Brownies meeting, so I dug a spoon in then. When I got home for the meeting, I threw together another quick curry (so tasty!). 

So, pretty happy so far!!! We'll see how I feel tomorrow during my first CrossFit workout in a week. 

My Food



Breakfast:
  • 6 oz homemade turkey/pork sausage
  • 2-3 eggs scrambled with some green peppers
  • topped with Red Hot sauce and 1T coconut oil

Lunch:
  • Chipotle's bowl - Double Steak/chicken, Guac, Fajita Veggies, Mild + Med Green Salsa, No Dressing


Dinner:
  • Steak curry with broccoli
    (just sirloin tips and broccoli sauteed in coconut oil, with some salt, pepper, blackening seasoning, full-fat coconut milk, and red curry paste stirred in)
Snacks:
  • 2 TB SunButter









5% Net Carbs / 33% Protein / 62% Fat



No comments:

Post a Comment