Friday, April 8, 2016

Day 5 of Keto - Ketosis Day!

Big day today - finally hit ketosis this morning according to my test kit. I am officially carb depleted! Was bummed to not see the scale budge for a second day in a row though. But I am feeling a little leaner. This is the second day in a row that I worked out and had a total calorie burn for the day around 3000 calories, while only eating about 2100. I'm curious to see if my body will prefer the next couple rest days coming up instead, where I'm eating much closed to my total burn. Maybe my calorie deficit has been too big these last couple days.

My daughter wanted to make some homemade Paleo chicken nuggets that I made several months ago. So glad to have found a healthy version that her picky palate liked! After soaking the chicken chunks in some brine, you roll them in spiced up arrowroot and give them an egg wash, and then fry them up in some lard or coconut oil. And the best part - it only amounts to about 1-2g of carbs/nugget!


My Food


Breakfast:
  • bacon & sausage
  • 3 eggs scrambled topped with Red Hot sauce 

Lunch:
  • Steak curry with broccoli

Dinner:
Snacks:
  • 3 TB SunButter
  • 1/3c Thai Kitchen full fat coconut milk


3% Net Carbs / 32% Protein / 64% Fat








No comments:

Post a Comment