Monday, March 16, 2015

ETP 3.1: Control Day - Back to Eat to Perform and logging my food

Time to see exactly what I've been eating again. It's been quite a while since I logged my food, but I think I've been on the right path generally, with the occasional treat while out to eat. I didn't really plan out my nutrition today - I just logged it to see where I would end up. I want to give Eat to Perform another chance, but I'm just still so freaked out about eating so many calories and carbs! Especially after seeing how quickly I packed some pounds on when I tried it in July (although my energy was better that first week!). But the ETP moderators swear that if you keep with it, your body will adjust to having the proper amount of food to support performance, and you will lean out. So, here goes Eat to Perform 3.0 (third time I'm trying it!).

The Eat to Perform coaches recommended the following for me:
WOD Days: 2585 Cals/280gC/175gP/85gF (40C/30P/30F) 
Control Days: 1965 Cals/125gC/175gP/85gF (25C/35P/40F)

It's kind of annoying that I can't get My Fitness Pal to get the exact grams of macros correct for my goals, but at least the calorie goal is correct for WOD days. And on rest/control days, I just have to remember what my lower goals are for calories and carbs.

Today was a rest/control day, so I wanted to stay on the lower side of carbs and calories. Despite staying low, I was really full! So much food!


Pre-breakfast:
  • Tea with honey & half a lemon's juice


Breakfast:
  • 3 eggs scrambled with green pepper and onions (no oil)
  • sausage patty   
  • topped with hot sauce
  • 1/2 grapefruit
Lunch:
Snack 1:
  • 4 oz turkey
  • 1 cup strawberries & blueberries
Dinner:
  • grilled chicken
  • oven roasted broccoli
Snack 2:
  • a handful of plantain chips
  • s spoon of Sunbutter


Bedtime:
  • Magnesium supplement with honey








23% Carbs/ 30% Protein / 47% Fat















Totals2,084118108159313,026
Your Daily Goal2,50021997188152,500
Remaining416101-1129-16-526
CaloriesCarbsFatProteinFiberSodium








No comments:

Post a Comment