Friday, July 11, 2014

Eat to Perform Day 5: Control Day

Although today was a rest day where I would typically scale back my carbs to ~125 grams, I posted in the Eat to Perform forum about whether I should have some extra carbs in preparation for the No Baby, Leave the Socks On competition tomorrow. They agreed that I should do maybe 150-175g instead of the 125g you would normally do on a control day. So, I planned my day this morning, and stuck to it 95%!

Not sure why I felt compelled to do so, but I hopped on the scale this morning. I expected to see a little gain, but was still a little bummed to see 188 pop up, after finally getting down to 183 last month. But, I'm trying not to freak out about it - Eat to Perform says that it's normal to see a ~5 pound weight gain after adding more carbs back in since carbs make you retain water, and my muscles filling with glycogen. 

I was hungry when I woke up today, hungry before lunch, and still hungry after a big lunch. It's been a long time since I've felt this hungry. When I went low carb, hunger pangs were virtually non-existent. I asked the ETP moderators if it's normal to have this much hunger when first starting out, and they said that yes, it is - it means your metabolism is ramping up. Well, I hope that's true, and it's not just an insulin roller coaster! Although my breakfast and lunch didn't have any fast digesting carbs, so hopefully it wasn't an insulin thing...

My protein portions with lunch and dinner were HUGE today, but I still didn't make my protein goal. I should probably add a third egg to breakfast. And I meant to have another couple oz of deli turkey, but never got around to it. I was pretty close though.

For my pre-bedtime snack, I had something so wonderful, that I haven't had in years. CAPTAIN CRUNCH!!! Oh, it was so sweet and crunchy. It's supposed to give me a big insulin punch to feed my muscles, and then make me crash so I get a good night of sleep. Hope it works!!!


Breakfast:
  • 3 eggs scrambled in coconut oil
  • 3 sausage links
  • topped with hot sauce

Lunch:
  • 6.7 oz pork tenderloin medallions with a little bbq sauce
  • 2 oz sweet potatoes cooked (~4oz raw)
  • snow peas with a little coconut oil
Snack 1 (pre-nap):
  • 2 oz Boar's Head Cajun turkey (ignore the fruit in this pic...)
Snack 2 (post-nap):
  • Healthy & Fit Vanilla egg-based protein shake
  • 2 oz lite coconut milk
  • 1 frozen banana
Dinner:
  • 8 oz London Broil topped with onions grilled in coconut oil
  • 4 oz sweet potatoes cooked (~8oz raw)
  • snow peas, onions, and red peppers grilled in coconut oil
Snack 2:
  • 1 cup of Captain Crunch!!! They told me to do it!!!
  • 1/2 cup rice milk
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
  • 1/4 scoop vanilla protein shake



Totals2,27615596171152,453
Your Daily Goal2,50021997188152,500
Remaining22464117047
CaloriesCarbsFatProteinFiberSodium

No comments:

Post a Comment