Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Eat to Perform Day 3: WOD Day

Well, I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but I was able to do a forward leaning rest (aka straight-armed plank) for 2 minutes straight for the first time ever today! Could Eat to Perform be working already???

Since I didn't WOD until 9am, I had some breakfast at 8am instead of going in fasting. I still had 4oz of sweet potatoes in the fridge, so I ate those along with 3 sausages. I intended to eat 3 eggs too, but I just wasn't that hungry, and didn't want to be too full for my WOD. I really need to have breakfast a couple hours before my WOD if I want a big breakfast (but sleeping in is SO nice...).

Then the day got tricky. We spent the day at the beach. I didn't plan my food before leaving, so I winged it, but not too well... I packed 4oz of turkey and some grapes for a snack, and some baby carrots to go with my lunch, so that part was good. For lunch, I got 2 hot dogs (no buns) figuring that should be a good dose of protein...however, I didn't realize how little protein they had. I should have had a burger instead - lesson learned. For the trip home, while the kids had ice cream, I got a raspberry smoothie. Well holy crap, that 16oz drink had 76g of carbs!!! But I guess that's ok since I'm supposed to be eating ~225g of carbs today...

Got home from the beach just when my hubby got home, and neither of us felt like cooking. So, got pizza for the kids and Thai for us (his new addiction). I don't really know the macro breakdown for the Prik King I got, so I just went with one I found on MyFitnessPal. But I treated myself to a full cup of rice - so yummy!!! 
I had gone to the store to buy some sugary cereal since one of the coaches on Eat To Perform had the following recommendation for bed time nutrition. Seems to good to be true, but again, taking a leap of faith here! Got some rice milk too in case I don't want it dry. I felt like such a loser with those cereals in my basket (along with 1.5 pounds of deli meat, bananas, and 5 sweet potatoes - interesting assortment!). However, I didn't get to indulge tonight since I already hit my carb target at dinner. Boo. 
Depends on what macros you have left for the day, but generally speaking it's recommended to have fast digesting carbs with little protein/fat before bed. The carbs will help you sleep better and recover better, regardless of if you WO the next day or not. My favorite cereals are Rice Krispies, Cocoa Krispies, Fruity Pebbles, all Chex varieties, Rice Krispy Treat cereal(best stuff ever) and Cocoa Pebbles.
So, after I finally sat down and calculated my macros for the day, I found I was right on target with protein and fat, but REALLY short on protein. Skipping eggs at breakfast and having hot dogs for lunch really hurt me. So, I doubled up on protein shake right before bed to get as close as I could, mixing it with just coconut milk and water (no banana) to avoid more carbs. Still came up 30g short on protein, but, hey, tomorrow's another day. And it's still more than I used to eat!

 
Totals2,424222102155193,882
Your Daily Goal2,50021997188152,500
Remaining76-3-533-4-1,382
CaloriesCarbsFatProteinFiber
Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment