Sunday, July 20, 2014

Eat to Perform Day 12: Control Day (and trip to NYC)

Today was a big day! And a challenging day to Eat to Perform. I brought the kids into New York City for the first time to meet up with their uncle and aunt who love there. They had a great day planned for us! 

I had a shake on the drive down to the train station (skipped the banana since it's a control day), and I nibbled on some black cherries on the train into the city. When we arrived, we had lunch at Grand Central at a place called the Shake Shack. DELICIOUS! All the meat is fresh and hormone/antibiotic/nitrate free. I got a double Black Angus burger patty on lettuce, and it just tasted SO GOOD! My mother-in-law said the milkshake was incredible too (not that I would know).

After lunch and a little tour of Grand Central, we walked all the way from from Grand Central through Bryant Park and Times Square down to the Intrepid. Then we hopped on a water taxi for a tour of the river. Then hopped off the water taxi in the West Village, where Sarah's aunt and uncle live, and got a gelato at a little shop near their apartment. Then took the subway back to Grand Central. It was nice to be a little active on a rest day (although I got a workout carrying my son around for a while when he was tired of walking). Although despite lots and lots of walking, my legs started to get SORE from all those thrusters the day before, expecially while sitting for a while on the water taxi.


We grabbed dinner back at Grand Central before hopping on the 6:30 train home. The kids got New York pizza (of course), and I got some steak from a place called Tri-Tip Grill. I wish they had some sides I could have eaten along with it, but no such luck. So, I just brought it onto the train and had some more black cherries along with it (black cherries are kinda my new addiction). I also picked up some cupcakes for the kids - we were hoping to make it over to the Cupcake ATM, but it just wasn't convenient for us to get too (just as well since I was feeling a little weak, and might have gotten their gluten-free red velvet cupcake even though it likely contained tapioca).

So, all in all, not a hideous day for nutrition. I think I came close to my protein goal, and kept my carbs pretty close. 

Breakfast:
  • 3 eggs scrambled
  • 3 sausage links
  • topped with hot sauce
  • 4 oz baked sweet potato
Morning snack:

  • Healthy & Fit Vanilla egg-based protein shake
  • 2 oz lite coconut milk
  • black cherries


    Lunch:
    • double Black Angus burger patty on lettuce
    • fresh cut fries & ketchup
    • sips of the kids' lemonade
      

    Snack
    • Gelato
    Dinner
    • Tri-tip beef (sans onion rings in photo)
    • Cherries
      

    No comments:

    Post a Comment