Sunday, July 13, 2014

Eat to Perform Day 7: Control Day

Walking out of the competition yesterday, I remember thinking "I feel pretty good!" As the night wore on, I started getting a little stiff and achy. When I woke up this morning, I felt like I got hit by a bus. Oof. Felt a little better after stretching out a little though. The biggest offenders are my glutes (damn thrusters), traps, forearms and upper back. All in all, not bad! Feel better than I did a couple weeks ago after a WOD of tons of front squats, back squats, and overhead squats - I couldn't do stairs or site for days! One of my coaches was nice enough to check in on me today - . We have the best coaches!

Today is the first of 2 rest days (I've got some growing to do!), so I'll be cutting back the carbs for these two days. It is a little confusing to go back and forth with the carb cycling between WOD and rest days. But I'm sure I'll get the hang of it without having to think too much about it after a couple more works. 
I did a bit of food prep for the week: 
  • 2lb of buffalo turkey meatballs
  • 4 lbs of sweet potatoes
  • and some fresh blueberry picking with the kids! 

During lunch, I admired the beautiful bruise on my leg. This is my worst looking CrossFit injury yet: I pinched a little skin on my leg while adding a 45# plate back onto a stack. People are right when they say CrossFit is dangerous! ;)


As I figured would be the case, the hardest part of this nutrition plan is getting enough protein in. I ended up doing another double shake tonight since I was so short, even though I had 8oz meat servings for lunch and dinner. 

I also didn't realize just how much fat was in country pork ribs! And 85% ground beef! Yikes! They pushed me over my limit for fats and calories today. Whoops. I think I need to look into leaner beef, and even switch to turkey sausage in the morning. I also really need to be better about planning my day and then sticking to it rather than winging it and tracking it later, at least until I've been at this for a while. At least my carbs came out about right.

Breakfast:
  • 3 eggs scrambled in coconut oil
  • 3 sausage links
  • 1oz sweet potatoes
  • topped with hot sauce


    Snack 1:
    • banana
    • blueberries while picking

      Lunch:
      • 8oz 85% hamburger with some pickles, ketchup, and mustard
      • 2/3 c egg & potato salad

        Snack 2
        • 2 oz Cajun turkey
        Dinner:
        • 8 oz jerk-rubbed pork country ribs
        • fresh green beans from our garden
        • 1 ear fresh local corn
        Snack 2:
        • 1/4 cup of Captain Crunch
        • 1/3 cup coconut milk
        • 2 scoops vanilla protein shake


        Totals2,616133153171133,516
        Your Daily Goal2,50021997188152,500
        Remaining-11686-56172-1,016
        CaloriesCarbsFatProteinFiberSodium

        No comments:

        Post a Comment