Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Becoming a food label slacker...

Definitely getting lax, and need to stop it.

The other night, I wanted something sweet before bed, so I decided to make a shake. But instead of using my leftover ClearVite, on a whim, I decided to try Brian's new Primal Fuel Vanilla Coconut shake instead. When Brian saw me drinking it, he was like, "What are you doing?! That's whey-based!" Duh. Totally just didn't even think about it, even though I knew it had whey when he bought it. So I went to bed in fear of impending bloated pain or worse...but nothing happened. So, I looked on my array test again, and noticed that I was only "equivocal" on whey, meaning I was just barely inside the "normal" range. So, apparently, my body wasn't that unhappy about the whey, which is good...but what was I thinking?!

Yesterday, I bought some BBQ sauce to go with some leftover pork tenderloin for lunch. I thought I was being so good getting an organic one that didn't have high fructose corn syrup as its first ingredient. So, I enjoyed my bbq pork, and then, later, Bri asked if I ate any BBQ sauce, to which I replied, "Yeah, why?" Then he informed me that it contained tapioca (apparently I didn't read far enough down in the ingredients). COME ON!! Why the hell is there tapioca in the bbq sauce?!! I did have one strong twinge of abdominal distress later in the day - was it a reaction to the tapioca? Who knows.

I've also indulged in some corn, bananas, and other higher glycemic foods lately that I really shouldn't be if I want to be strict Paleo and really focus on keeping my carbs low (did I mention the gf df chocolate bar I found at Whole Foods?). And, I was VERY sad to hop on the scale and see it pop back out of ONEderland instead of it going the other way. So, I decided to buckle down and lay off those less desirable foods all day, and was doing well until dinner... I prepped some sweet potato fries, forgetting that Brian wanted to experiment with fried plantains. So, I ended up having a fairly high carb dinner between them both. Although I was still probably under 100 for the day. Ugh.

So, although I am definitely enjoying my freedom from the crazy RepairVite and ClearVite restrictions, I really do need to rein it in, and try to stick to the lower end of the carbs. Especially with the upcoming holiday indiscretions awaiting me!

This is dinner from last night. It was so tasty that I wanted to mention it. Roasted pork with apples (the apples were cooked along with the pork), sauteed carrots, and zucchini fritters. Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment