Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 13 of ClearVite Protocol

I had an appointment with my functional practitioner tonight. I hadn't seen him since before leaving for Disney, although I kept in touch by sending him a link to my blog to show him my 30-day before & after pics at least a week earlier. So, I had to laugh when he asked how I was doing, and I said I was pretty sick of being a vegetarian during the detox week, and he replied, "Yeah, I saw that on your blog." ;)

We did a quick review of all my tests again, and he reminded me just what a mess my gut was in based on all the inflammatory and malabsorption markers. After discussing how I could not take the GI Synergy packets due to the walnuts in one of the supplements, he prescribed only 1 of the 3 pills in the packets: H-PLR. I was able to identify which pill that was in the packets I'd already opened due to its strong oregano scent, so at least I got some use of of them (he was kind enough to refund half the price of the GI Synergy since I can't take it - I just have to return the unopened packets). Then he prescribed a new supplement called HCL-ProZyme which is supposed to help with digestion by supporting the production of hydrochloric acid since I appear to make too little, contributing to my malabsorption. Then we discussed the provocation phase of very deliberately trying out foods that were banned on the ClearVite diet, one at a time, and seeing how I feel after a couple days. Definitely looking forward to reintroducing beef, pork, and nightshades!!! 

So here are my current supplements (not including the ClearVite that I'm finishing up this week):
  • X-FLM (supports TH-2 immune response): 1 pill 2x/day
  • Strengtia (probiotics): 1 pill 2x/day
  • EPA-DHA (Omega 3 fish oil): 2 pills 2/x day
  • D3 (supports immune system & absorption): 2 drops 1x/day
  • B12 (improves energy & digestion): 10 drops (1mg)/day
  • H-PLR (fights infection in gut) - 1 pill 3x/day (increasing to 2 pills/serving if I can tolerate it)
  • HCL-ProZyme (supports production of hydrochloric acid) - 1 pill 3x/day with meals
Food:

  • Breakfast: 
    • ClearVite shake with rice milk, some coconut milk, bananas, and strawberries
  • Lunch:
    • McDonald's side salad topped with a chicken breast with my own EVOO/balsamic dressing
    • a couple of my son's fries. Couldn't help myself!
  • Dinner:
    • ClearVite shake with rice milk, some coconut milk, bananas, and cocoa powder
  • Snacks:
    • Fresh roast turkey from Whole Foods
Exercise: 
  • Rest day, but rode bikes to my daughter's school in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment