Sunday, February 16, 2014

Day 14 of 2nd Whole30/Strict Paleo Challenge

I normally do a WOD on Sundays, but last night, I decided my body needed a break. I've been sore in some place or another since waking up with crazy sore abs on Wednesday. Then added crazy sore quads on Thursday, and then crazy sore forearms last night and today from Friday's & Saturday's WODs. My abs are FINALLY better today, and my quads are ALMOST all better, but my arms are still sore. It was a good day for a grow day, especially since today's WOD was more pull-ups which would have killed my forearms further.

Today I saw a friend of mine who's a chiropractor about the muscle imbalance in my legs that is causing me problems in my left IT band when I jog. She said my hips were very off-balance - the right side was much higher than the left. And my ankles were very stiff. So, she did lots of massage on my legs, and adjustments on my hips and ankles (I was not expecting that first huge POP from my ankle!). When she was done, she said my hips looked much more even (and felt a bit looser), and I had so much more flexibility in my ankles that I just wanted to keep doing circles with my feet in the air! She said I may have thrown things out of whack by always carrying the kids on my left hip for so long. I also mentioned that I don't tend to sit straight ahead at work, so she said that I should make a conscious effort to do so. I'll go back for a follow-up adjustment in a couple weeks. 

My knee has been bugging me a little today. I guess I pushed it a little too far with all the squats yesterday, even though I stopped doing squats before they got really heavy. Maybe it was those headcutters - I was getting pretty beat by them!

I went to a couple stores today looking for a skirt to wear with my brown boots. Doesn't seem to be brown skirt season. But I ended up finding a cute sweater dress at Dress Barn and got it for only $12.50! It was on the 60% off rack, and then I had a 30% off coupon! And, best of all, it was only a medium! :) Looking forward to wearing it Thursday night - celebrating a friend's birthday. Not sure I can resist a drink that night either...UGH. I am going to pass on wings though - don't want any gluten cross-contamination! 

Food: 1930 calories  19% carbs (93g)/ 21% (103g) protein/ 60% fat
  • -
  • Breakfast: 
    • 3 eggs
    • 2 Jones sausage
    • sweet potato hash
  • Lunch: 
    • big salad with chicken, veggies, avocado, and homemade EVOO balsamic dressing
  • Dinner:
  • Snacks:
    • 2 pieces of Orbit BubbleMint to get rid of my onion breath from my salad
    • a couple spoonfuls of SunButter
    • some pepperoni (the bad kind)
Exercise: 
  • grow day with some sledding with the kids
Sleep:
  • Heavenly 9 hours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment