Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 8 of 2nd Whole30/Strict Paleo Challenge

Pleased to say that after just one week of strict eating, I dropped 7 of the 8 of the pounds that had cropped up in January (good to know that I can be almost as proficient losing the bloat as I am gaining it!). And, my gut has stopped its constant gurgling which was really bugging me the last couple weeks. Feel SO much better already. And I'm actually not being quite as strict as I was back in August: I snuck 5 gummi bears yesterday (!) and have also been having pork and nightshades, which were outlawed when I did the RepairVite program then. I've also been enjoying the Jones sausage, which does have a little bit of sugar. But it seems like the changes I have made are enough to get me back on track!

I have been diligent about the stretches and foam rolling that my physical therapist prescribed last week (about 10 mins each night before bed), and I have to say, my knee feels really good! Despite doing a bunch of squat cleans on Saturday! What a relief. I also made an appt with a mom I knew from my breastfeeding support group who's a chiropractor (my functional practitioner chiro is just too far away to be convenient for appts). Bonus - she's also a CrossFitter (and a badass one, at that!). So maybe she can work some magic to try to a) make my knees feel even better, and b) balance my thigh strength so I don't have the IT band pain when jogging. I'll see her on Sunday.

I prepped some beef jerky last night and cooked it today. House smelled so good. Then I made a stir-fry from some of the extra bits and pieces with LOTS of veggies. Yummy!

So, I was weak tonight. I knew it would be a challenge. Had to make cupcakes for my daughter's Daisy Scout ceremony tomorrow, and staying away from the frosting was going to be a huge challenge (frosting is one of my favorite food groups). Bad enough that I could eat a huge spoonful of that delicious cake batter (another favorite). I finally broke down and licked my fingers after frosting, and then scraped out what little remained in the can after frosting 72 mini cupcakes. Not gonna lie. It was so yummy. So much for ketosis. Tomorrow is another day!


Food: 1590 calories  22% carbs (88g)/ 24% (95g) protein/ 54% fat
  • -
  • Breakfast: 
    • 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil
    • 3 Jones sausages
    • some strawberries & blueberries
  • Lunch: 
    • stir fry made with 1/2 bag of frozen stir fry veggies and 3.5 oz of leftover marinated flank steak prepped for beef jerky all sauteed in coconut oil
  • Dinner:
    • Baked chicken wings
  • Snacks:
    • a few grapes
    • mandarin orange
    • 2 gummy bears (weak)
    • a few licks of Pillsbury frosting while making cupcakes for my daughter's Daisy Scouts (I'm so weak!!!)

Exercise: 
  • Grow day - but finally vacuumed and mopped after cleaning a bit! Does that count as active recovery?!
Sleep:
  • Good 8 hours - got to sleep in, snuggled between 2 babies. :) Again, not tired at my son's nap time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment