Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day 4 of 2nd Whole30/Strict Paleo Challenge

Well, all things must come to an end: the miraculous weight loss stopped this morning. But feeling so much better already. Just for hahas, I took a ketosis test this morning and was definitely in ketosis. Burn that fat!!!

Brian is heading off for a boys' weekend on Friday, so I gave him my Thursday WOD this morning so he could fit in one more WOD before leaving. So I hopped on the elliptical and did some lightish-intensity cardio for 40 mins, keeping my heart rate around 135bpm. I watched the second-to-last episode of Biggest Loser - I'm so mad that I saw a spoiler on Facebook and know why the winner is! And does she look waaaaaaay too skinny - she definitely went too far. Like to the point of looking anorexic. I hope she puts some weight back on now that she's won the prize. 

Had another disappointing visit with the chiropractor. Ugh. My cholesterol dropped even lower - only 137! Although my HDL is decent at 62. And my triglycerides were REALLY low at 38 (should be 75-100). So, again, signs of malabsorption. He thinks the round of antibiotics I did in November might have really knocked things out of whack (like killing off some of the good bacteria) and undone some of the progress of my first RepairVite, leading toward leaky gut all over again. So, he suggested another month of RepairVite, which I had planned to ask him about doing anyway. My T3 only increased the slightest bit, so he wants me to try combining the Thyro-CNV ( which is supposed to increase T3 conversion) with Thyroxal (which is supposed to support T4 and T3 production). He also wants me to back off the fish oil because he thinks it may be thinning my blood, leading to the low triglycerides. So, more trial and error... Getting another thyroid panel done at the end of February. 

I also mentioned that my knee has been bugging me to the point where I'm taking anti-inflammatories and PT, so he did a little analysis. He confirmed that my right thigh is 3 centimeters smaller than my left, so there's definitely some muscle atrophy on that side for some reason. He had me abduct my legs into his hand while having me touch various pressure points on my body. Then he did some kind of adjustment where I bent my right leg while laying on a table, and he pretty much tried to jam it upwards into my pelvis. Who knows! He's like to investigate it from a neurological standpoint, but it's just too inconvenient to go to his office - it's 45 minutes away. Maybe I'll think about finally visiting my chiropractor friends' office.

In more exciting news, the WODs for the spring Festivus were released today! Woo hoo!!! Can't wait for another competition!! Gotta get me knee back in shape by then though... 


Food: 1900 calories  15% carbs (72g)/ 28% (134g) protein/ 57% fat
  • Breakfast: 
  • Lunch:
    • big salad with chicken & avocado & homemade dressing (with red peppers)
  • Dinner:
    • pulled pork with Cajun seasoning
    • sugar snap peas (fresh)
  • Snacks:
    • post cardio shake w/ coconut cream and a couple frozen banana pieces
    • mandarin orange
    • a few slices of Boar's Head Cajun turkey - spicy!
    • strawberries & blueberries

Exercise: 
  • 40 mins on the elliptical
Sleep:
  • Just shy of 7 hours - sleepy on my drive into work this morning until 11ish, but felt good the rest of the day
Supplements: My prescribed supplements for the next month:
  • RepairVite: 1 scoop 2x/day
  • Strengtia (probiotics): 2 pills 2x/day
  • Vitamin B12: 1000mg 2x/day
  • Vitamin D3: 3 drops 2x/day
  • Thyro-CNV (increase T3 conversion): 2 pills 2/x day
  • Thyroxal (increase T4): 2 pill 2x/day
  • MagneGel (magnesium): apply 1/4 tsp 2x/day applied to skin
  • Lecithin (increase cholesterol): 1000g 2x/day
  • HemeVite (increase iron): only 1-2 pills/week 
  • EPA-DHA (Omega 3 fish oil): 2 pills 2/x day after stopping for 1 week

No comments:

Post a Comment