Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 22 of 2nd Whole30/Strict Paleo Challenge

The scale was a tease this morning, but it finally rewarded me with a return to 189.5 - so, back, where I was a week ago Thursday. Now to get down further into those 180s!
really really want these -
definitely treating myself 
when I get my bonus

Slept like crap last night. Got to bed late because I was finishing up our taxes (very torn about TurboTax's option to get part of the rebate as an Amazon.com gift card since Amazon would give you an extra 10% - had to contemplate buying some Oly lifters with that bonus cash! But didn't...some day...). Then woke up at 2:30, meaning I'm stressed about something - this time it's a bunch of crappy issues at work that are out of my control, but I'm still responsible to resolve. UGH. So, finally got up and shot out a bunch of emails that made me feel better enough to be able to go back to sleep around 4. Then snuggled with the kids until 7ish. And then TOTALLY took a nap with my son in the afternoon. 

Despite the crappy night of sleep, I still had perfect nutrition today. Yay! So glad all the cravings are gone - sure does make it easier. I even went to CVS to get a refill on my anti-inflammatories for my knee, and I wasn't even tempted to but a bag of gummi bears (my weakness).

Glad today was a rest/grow day. My knees were bugging me, partially because my hammies are really tight and sore from all the deadlifting on Saturday. Growing! So I just did a lot of stretching - while folding laundry, while watching my son at gymnastics, while watching the kids at swim lessons, while standing in line at CVS...felt a lot better each time, until they tightened up again. I had delusions of going for a jog on the treadmill while my kids had their swim lessons at the Y, but that was NOT happening. 

Food: 1814 calories  15% carbs (70g)/ 24% (107g) protein/ 61% fat
  • -
  • Breakfast: 
    • 2 eggs
    • 3 Jones sausage patty sauteed in a little bacon fat
  • Lunch: 
    • big salad with a chicken, veggies, avocado, and homemade EVOO balsamic dressing
  • Dinner:

    • big bone-in pork chop
    • sauteed asparagus with applesauce/onion/bacon topping
    • homemade sugar-free applesauce
  • Snacks:
    • a couple strips of homemade beef jerky
    • mandarin orange
    • baby carrots
    • shared a banana with my son
    • a few licks of Sunbutter
Exercise: 
  • rest/grow day
Sleep:
  • REALLY crappy. About 3.5 hours, then woke up, then finally got maybe 2 hours. Then took a 2 hour nap with my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment