Friday, September 13, 2013

Big day of firsts since starting Whole30

Despite not getting to sleep until midnight last night, I still hit the gym at 6:15am and did my workout. Felt good! One of the older, friendlier, chattier members complemented my scorpion push-ups and said I was hard core. ;)

My first "first" today was joining my work lunch crew on a trip to Chipotle's, but actually BUYING a lunch instead of eating my plain chicken-topped salad! OMG, I cannot express how DELICIOUS it was: a bed of salad topped with Pork carnitas, grilled onions & peppers, mild & medium salsa, and a big scoop of guac. I really didn't even miss the black beans and rice that I used to get. I thought about getting double carnitas, but I'm glad I didn't because I was still STUFFED. I guess I was really savoring it because I was the last one to finish (by several minutes). YUM!!!

My second "first" was a work happy hour. Everything really sucks at work right now since our new CEO is looking to outsource the majority of IT and lay a bunch of us off, and we're just waiting for the ax to fall. So, we went out for a bitch fest. I had planned to try a NorCal margarita, but Brian got one before I got there, and when I tasted it, I was not a big fan. He thinks he got the wrong type of tequila though - should have gotten a respado. So, I saw a tasty looking drink in the menu: a margarita mixed with light lemonade and cranberry juice. I figured that was a little more low carb than most of the mixer options (I do miss my gin and tonic). And it was delicious. When I got a second one, I asked for less cranberry juice - still delicious. As was the third one <grin>. By that time, I needed some food, so I got some medium buffalo wings (no blue cheese). They were TASTY! So tasty, I got some more a little later since there really isn't a whole lot of meat on them, and I was still hungry (and a little tipsy) after the first batch. 

Food:
  • Breakfast: 
  • Lunch:
    • Chipotle's sald with pork carnitas, grilled onions & peppers, mild & medium salsa, and a big scoop of guac.
  • Dinner:
    • lots of medium buffalo wings
    • carrots & celery 
    • 3 drinks: tequila with light lemonade & a splash of cranberry juice
  • Snacks:
    • deli turkey
    • strawberries & blueberries
Exercise: 
  • Day 24 of Making the Cut ~480 calories. Got to the gym late, so had to skip the ab work at the end. And the burpies. Just because I hate burpies. When will I learn to love burpies?!


No comments:

Post a Comment