Saturday, September 28, 2013

Day 3 of ClearVite Protocol

Another solid night of sleep - I could get used to this!

My quads were the tiniest bit sore this morning after all of yesterday's snatches - I can only imagine how they'll feel once I add some real wight to the bar! I did get onto the elliptical this morning for an hou and tried to stay between 55-75% of my max heartrate. According to Mark Sisson in his book Primal Blueprint, you don't want to do "chronic cardio" for extended durations above 70% because it puts too much stress on the body (cortisol levels rise, change of injuries increases, etc). This is quite a change for me since I've always targeted higher than that, thinking "the harder, the better!" He said that for men, the formula to find max heatrate is is 220 minus your age, which I've always heard; but, for ladies, it's 226 minus your age, which I found interesting - I would have thought the guys would have the higher max. So my magic formula was 226 - 38 = 188 bpm. So my range was between 55% and 75% is 103-141 bpm. So, I'm a little conflicted about jogging now since I'd like to improve my 5K time, but I can't jog at less than 160 bpm since it always jacks up my heart rate. He does recommend doing all out sprinting for short distances though. I'll have to figure out what to do.

I went back to rice milk in my ClearVite shake this morning, and it turned out a little thicker than my first one since I added a little more ice and bananas. So, I didn't miss the thicker coconut milk today (just going to toss that - it did NOT agree with me). I did get a glimpse of what the meat-free week ahead of my will be like since I never got around to making more breakfast sausage, and I used up all the Applegate sausage yesterday. I was a little hungry in the morning without that protein to hold me over. Maybe I'll need to add a dollop of coconut oil to the shake for extra calories?

We were out of salad makings, so I went to Panera with some friends at work, and got a simple salad topped with lemon juice and EVOO.

I had another small exercise in torture tonight: scooping ice cream for dozens of kids and their parents at my daughter's school during an ice cream social fundraiser. Sigh.

Food:
Exercise: 
  • 60 mins on elliptical - 610 cals

No comments:

Post a Comment