Saturday, September 28, 2013

Day 4 of ClearVite Protocol; 3rd CrossFit workout

It was a happy morning - down another 2 pounds! Only 1 shy of 20 pounds in less than 7 weeks! Incredible! And that's including a week of vacation!!! 

I had my morning ClearVite shake while cooking up a bunch of turkey sausage. At least I'll have some for tomorrow, and then it will be waiting patiently in the freezer for me for when I can eat meat again. Only 2 more days of being a carnivore before the detox phase starts. I'm gonna miss meat.

The rumors were true: it was a nasty little workout at CrossFit today. Here's a video of some folks at a CrossFit in Northern California doing the "Bring Sally Up" workout. I love the beastly woman in the yellow sports bra who puts all the guys to shame. I aspire to be her! I only did it with 25lbs and I missed 6 of the 35 reps because my legs were dying. And THEN, after a 10 minute "rest" on an airdyne bike, I did the song all over again doing push-ups instead of back squats! Ugh! It was actually even harder, even though I was using a blue band to make it easier - my triceps were fried. Doubt I'll be able to move my arms tomorrow. One of the CrossFit owners was trying to get me to sign up for their "Festivus Games" for novices to CrossFit. But holy crap, the workout looks brutal. And it's only 3 weeks away. Not really sure I'm up for that. Especially the burpies part. Twice. And I haven't even learned some of the other moves yet. There might be another one in April. I might be up for that one after 6 months of training.

While putting my son down or a nap around 3:30, I kept dozing off while reading Mark Sisson's book, so I decided to just give in and take a nap for the first time in a while. More surprisingly, my daughter came in and joined us! So we were a lazy little bunch for a couple glorious hours. Ahhhh. 

Brian made some tasty meatballs and sauce with veggies for dinner (I picked up some interesting varieties of squash at the farmer's market this morning). They all had red sauce, and he made me a pesto (no nuts). Brian and I had spaghetti squash, but we tried giving the kids some wheat-free pasta: Ancient Harvest Organic Gluten Free Quinoa Pasta Rotelle. I took a little bite, and it was decent - not much different that a whole wheat pasta in that grainy kind of way. They ate it all up, so I guess it passed the test! One more step toward a wheat free household. Brian also found some gluten free sliced bread to try for grilled cheeses - we'll see how that goes. And it doesn't even have tapioca in it, so I could indulge in a piece of toast with my dairy, gluten, and soy-free Earth Balance "butter" (someday).

I totally forgot to drink a shake before dinner. Again, just like yesterday. Although at least tonight, I remembered during dinner. So, I packed up the other half of my dinner (I was stuffed anyway), and had a shake. Hope that's ok...does the shake do some kind of magic before eating? This time I added some frozen blueberries in addition to the strawberries and banana. Getting tastier!

Sorry if this is TMI, but, apparently, the ClearVite shakes are starting to do their dirty work - maybe it took the first shake before dinner to really get things going. Because as I was finishing this up, I felt a little churning, followed by quite the purge of nastiness. Got to be down another pound now! ;)

Food:

  • Breakfast: 
    • ClearVite shake with rice milk & 1/2 banana
    • fresh homemade turkey sausage
    • watermelon
  • Lunch:
    • veggie stir fry with Applegate chicken sausages
    • watermelon
  • Dinner:
  • the photo doesn't do it justice... 
    • chicken meatballs with pesto over spaghetti squash
    • ClearVite shake with rice milk, 1/2 frozen banana, and a handful of frozen strawberries & blueberries
  • Snacks:
    • watermelon
Exercise: 
  • CrossFit workout w/ LOTS of back squats - 525 cals
    Here's the results for the Bring Sally Up workout:
    the first column is the song doing squats with the number in () being the number of squats that we missed while resting, and the second column is the song doing push-ups. Killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment