Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 23 of RepairVite / Whole30 / Making the Cut

I never thought I'd be the girl getting up at 5am to work out, and then grilling chicken and frying up sausage at 6:30am, all before going to work. When I was in high school, I slept until 2 in the afternoon during the summer. Who knew.

Very exciting thing happened today. My employer had its bi-monthly blood drive, so I decided to go over and see if I'd get turned away for low iron/hemoglobin like I often do, especially if I haven't been popping iron supplements for a few days in preparation - and I haven't even taken a multivitamin for the last 4 weeks. But, amazingly, my iron was a record high today at 13.5! Even when I've taken supplements beforehand, I've STILL been turned away in the past because my iron would still be below 12.5, which is their minimum to allow a donation. I definitely credit this diet for increasing my ability to absorb nutrients by minimizing all the inflammation in my gut. And the 2000 of B12 I've been taking has probably helped with the iron absorption as well. Oh, and all the meat I'm eating 3-4 times/day. I'm so excited to see the results on the next battery of blood tests to see how other values have improved!

It was weird not to eat all the carb-laden snacks they give you after donating blood - all crap like gluten-filled crackers, fruit chews, cookies, etc. They should have some fresh fruit! All I'm asking for is an apple! I did indulge in some 100% orange juice with no added sweetener though. The blood draw took a little longer than anticipated, and I had a meeting soon thereafter, so I only got a couple bites of my lunch. But the crazy thing is that I just wasn't that hungry. Although I'm sure I should be eating more... 

We grilled up a couple steaks for dinner, and nuked some broccoli. And for a little after work exercise, we dragged our huge pile of sticks into the dumpster that's out our house while we get a new roof. I'm still sweating from that workout! Ugh.

Food:
  • Breakfast: 
  • Lunch:
    • 1/2 serving of grilled chicken mixed with avocado (I was going to eat it with a salad, but didn't have time)
  • Dinner:
    • steak
    • broccoli
  • Snacks:
    • beef jerky
    • small can of orange juice (after donating blood - not something I typically do!)
    • deli turkey
    • strawberries & blueberries

Exercise: 

No comments:

Post a Comment