Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Whole 30/RepairVite is over! 30-day before & after pics!

Now what?!

Today was my first day "on my own," reintroducing some forbidden foods. No program to adhere to, other than staying Paleo and avoiding my allergens. So I had scrambled eggs for breakfast for the first time in 30 days. And they were delicious. Although it could have been the bacon fat left in the pan from Brian's breakfast. Either way, eggs have never tasted better!

I've decided to be bold and post my 30-day before and after pics. Not the one in just my sports bra though! Not that bold! These pics reflect my 15 pound weight loss (I ended up dropping another half pound last night for an even 15). Pretty amazing for 30 days, I think. This size medium shirt definitely did NOT fit me 30 days ago. But I think I could get away with it now! Maybe I'll wear it to the gym tomorrow! I never thought I'd be a medium. Who knew?!



This afternoon, I had some pretty severe cramping gas pains. I really hope that was the end of the walnuts going through my system, and not a reaction to last night's pork chops or this morning's eggs. I'll have to pay attention the next time I try them.

Tonight, I indulged in my first alcoholic beverage in 30 days since it came free with my admission to a karaoke night. I've been wondering what to use as a mixer that isn't full of sugar, and after reading this page about Paleo drinks, I realized that I could mix some booze with my orange coconut water. Thankfully, they had Patron, which actually made a pretty tasty little drink. I imagine it was a little sweeter than a NorCal margarita, although I plan to try making one of those too. I ended up getting a second drink, but since I decided that I wasn't there to get buzzed, I actually tossed half of it at the end of the night instead of guzzling it. Wow. Never done that before. We have a big work happy hour tomorrow night - I'll have to pick up some more coconut water at the store. Maybe I'll try another flavor. 



1 comment: